Hi from New Jersey

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Equus5O, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

If I had scrolled through the entire list yesterday, I wouldn't have leapt right in with introducing myself in the Coop section. LOL

I'm so new I don't even have chickens, yet. But I do have the coop. We still need to situate it and construct the run.

I think I'll start with four. My husband wants me to get eight, but I think I'd rather start small. Even four will produce more eggs than we can eat in a week. I won't have a problem giving away eggs for free, but I'm not sure how much of a market I'll have charging for them.

We have one human child LOL (seven year old son), an aged Shepherd mix dog, two rescued cats, my mother and her Jack Russell. I guess once I become a true chicken lady, I'll take to calling my family my flock!

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome to our site! [​IMG]

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    [​IMG]

You will love this site, really. I only have 4 chickens, and I manage to sell eggs every week which covers their food bills.

they are brilliant.

Good luck to you, you will have great fun.

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Hey and [​IMG] from Hunterdon County! Nice to find a BYCer close to me! TSC in Washington is getting their chicks today![​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome!

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We just got a TSC in Blairstown, which is down the road a piece from me. I stopped in yesterday and picked up a copy of "Backyard Poultry." I also picked up a chick flyer. It says minimum order is 25.

9. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and [​IMG] from NC

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Equus, that's only if you're special ordering a certain kind. They have them for sale, ya just have to buy six. State Law.[​IMG] I'm goin' tonight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by