Hi from North Alabama !

MillieJ

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
I live in North Alabama with my husband on a little farm. We have dairy goats, horses and of course, chickens. At least I did have chickens . A fox killed our flock before daylight yesterday ! I am devastated ! We lost the last hen this morning. We were already going to get more chickens to add to our girls , so now it looks like we have to get more than originally planned. I will miss my girls though, as they were my very first flock...
I look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks TerryO for telling me about this site ! There is alot to look at and read on here and I wish I had the time to do so now, but we have to go to town and get our doings done. I'll be busy on here tonight though ! lol................. MillieJ

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Hello and welcome from Ohio......so glad you joined BYC
Sorry you lost all your hens :( Hope you have a surprise for that fox before the next flock makes it outside. Good luck to you

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas! So glad you joined us.
thumbsup.gif

It's sad your original flock was lost, I hope you give that fox what he deserves! Glad you're getting more chickens!
Good luck as you venture deeper into the world of Chickendom!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody ! We have had chickens for a few years but recently we had to put our farm dog down due to a brain tumor. Toby always guarded the chickens. He would make his rounds of the farm but always settled near their door. In fact, my wht. hen would sit with him often to get away from the rooster ! During the heat of summer the chickens would join him under the truck. lol..
We have decided to wait a little, till we get another guard dog. We are looking at getting maybe a pair . One for the farm in general (near the chickens) and another to be in with the goats.We have two dairy goats and are adding one or two more does this year. This will give me time to make a few changes to the coop, too. I would feel safer this way. This is the first time in 11 years that we have not had an outside dog.
Time for puppies !

Back
Top Bottom