Hi from North Queensland, Australia!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Troppo Chick, Oct 20, 2014.

1. I have just started getting my chicken brood together. I have 2 x Isa Browns (POL)- Cherry Blossom & Caramel, 2 x Bitza's - a black one called Shadow & a white one called Galadriel. I also have 3 x Isa Brown Chickens (The Munchkins - Stumpy, Bomber & Sped) and I have 3 x Tassie bred Ëaster Eggers which I hatched in my incubator and are nearly 3 weeks old. I love my rainbow brood and everyone gets on except the EE who are still i brooder box and not main stream yet.
    This chook stuff is all kind of new to me but I love their personalities, inquisitiveness and their cuddles. I know your site is majority American but I have found alot of the threads have been really helpful. Thanks in advance to everyone! :)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day - we have quite an Aussie community on BYC. The more the better. There is even a thread called "Australia, six states and one funny little Island." I'm not familiar with some of the breeds you mention but, am glad you are so involved with them. They sound like a happy group. Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

You sound like another "Lord of the Rings," fan - can't wait till December when the next movie comes out.

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
  4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have put together a nice little flock!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy Troppo Chick [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC!

Queensland here also. I have been to your neck of the woods and it is beautiful!

I also love my gals individual chickenalities and spend many hours in the garden with them; such a joy!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Based on your chickens names, do I detect a SciFi/Fantasy fan in our midst? If so, you should go to our Random Ramblings section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/932394/best-movie-trilogy-of-all-time and take my poll of the Best Movie Trilogy of All Time. A lot of the trilogies on the poll are SciFi/Fantasy trilogies. Isa Brown is one of many labels under which some hatcheries (especially in Australia) have marketed their Red Sex Links and they are egg laying machines. I've raised Red Sex Links for years and, along with my Black Sex Links, they have been my best layers, consistently churning out over 300 eggs per hen per year. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

8. AussieChics

AussieChics Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2014
    Adelaide Australia
  9. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011

Heya :frow

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by