1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hi from Northeastern PA! :D

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nicolets, May 14, 2010.

1. nicolets

nicolets Songster

May 14, 2010
    Monroe County, PA
    [​IMG] Hi! I just joined today. I don't have any chickens yet but RIRs sound nice. [​IMG] Just browsing the forums... [​IMG]

Also, idk if there's supposed to be another place for this (if so i haven't found it yet), but if anybody knows a great local place (local to me) to get 6-week-old or older chicks, that would be nice. I'm looking for a non-expensive type of place with a great varity of breeds, but pretty much any place nearby I'd like to check out.

I only started becoming interested in chickens a little over a month now. Really, in the outer world a chicken is just a chicken. Nobody sees all the details out there. But when you really research (like I have) you realize a lot. There's a lot to learn when you think about it.

[​IMG] Thanks for reading and feel free to reply! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010

2. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
  3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

4. nicolets

nicolets Songster

May 14, 2010
    Monroe County, PA
    Quote:ok [​IMG] i'll check it out sometime... im looking through the forum in the 'for sale' category i just found [​IMG]

5. nicolets

nicolets Songster

May 14, 2010
    Monroe County, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ParlorCityChickens

ParlorCityChickens Songster

May 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. There are a number of hatchery that will ship to you. [​IMG]

8. nicolets

nicolets Songster

May 14, 2010
    Monroe County, PA
    thanks for the welcomes! [​IMG]
    i've searched and found many hatcheries online. most, unfortunetly have a minimum of at least 15 (most 25), but i only want 4-8. so i checked out MPC, but the shipping prices seem a little high, and i thought it would probably be easier and cheaper if i just found some local where i could pick them up [​IMG]

9. Lolita

Lolita Songster

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

10. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Songster

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] Neighbor! I'm in Wayne County. I know where you could get 17 week old Red Sex Links right now, but they are hatchery (beaks trimmed). Still good layers, if you're looking for that. There are also a few other people around with some chicks, one just sold a bunch of Buff Orphs. Where are you located?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by