Hi From Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chknluver, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chknluver

Chknluver Just Hatched

Jan 9, 2017
    Oroville CA
    Hi I'm new to backyard chickens.
    I currently own chickens: a Buff Silkie pair male & female, a blue splash male silkie over a blue partridge silkie female, I have a Blue Black Splash Berkshire Brahma male over one dark female Brahma & five female light Brahmas, Black Jersey Giant flock, Columbian Ameraucana Male over multi colored Ameraucana females, I also have a HUGE buff English Orpington over four female American Orpingtons, I have a lavender Ameraucana flock which includes a black Ameraucana hen, I have a genuine true blue Ameraucana over five salmon Faverolles, A flock of French Black Copper Marans, A Flock Of Naked Neck Turkens, A flock of Russian Orloffs, pure true White Ameraucana flock, and a Cream Crested Legbar Flock. I really love chickens and would really love to learn all about them. I also would love to meet other chicken enthusiasts and chicken lovers.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. You certainly have come to the right place for chicken talk! I'm sure that there are breed threads that will interest you, as well as learning a little along the way, and hopefully sharing your experience.

Best wishes
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow! You've got quite the flock! Welcome from a fellow Northern CA BYCer. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Chknluver

Chknluver Just Hatched

Jan 9, 2017
    Oroville CA

Thanks so much for welcoming me [​IMG]

5. Chknluver

Chknluver Just Hatched

Jan 9, 2017
    Oroville CA
    Thank you so much for welcoming me. Yes, I really love my chickens. I'm hoping to sell some chicks this year!! I live in Oroville whereabouts do you live in northern California? If you don't mind my asking. [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I can tell you really love your birds. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like you have some beautiful birds! Best wishes! :)

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Greetings from Wyoming! If you'd like to chat with other CA members, just do a search for the California state thread...I believe there are two of them, one for north CA and one for south CA.

Thanks for joining us!

9. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us!

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Chknluver [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by