1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Northern NSW Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MBurt28, Apr 23, 2016.

1. MBurt28

MBurt28 New Egg

Apr 23, 2016
    Ballina, NSW, Australia
    Hi everyone,

I have been a visitor to this site for a few months now - trawling to find answers to my chicken questions. I spend so much time here I figured I should join. I live with my (very understanding) husband in the beautiful Northern Rivers area of NSW, Australia. Last October I took on four battery rescue hens (Isa Browns) - we got them for the eggs and then quickly fell in love with them - it was my first time with chickens. One of them has since died (worn out I think) but in the meantime I acquired 3 more hens ( 2 Sussex - one while, one black; and a Plymouth Rock). My first post yesterday was to enquire if the Plymouth Rock was actually a rooster - unfortunately, yes, he is. [​IMG]

Anyway, this is a great site and I'm happy to be on board - I have a lot to learn - my husband thinks I worry too much about them!!

In advance, thanks everyone [​IMG]

Maria

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Maria, welcome to BYC.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Maria. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock. BYC also has a large Aussie community and a thread, "Australia, six states and one funny little island."

Seems like no matter where one lives the problems are always too many males and what to do with them. If you have any birds you aren't sure about just post photos at "what breed or gender is this." Please mention their age.

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by