Hi from Northwestern Wisconsin

NW Chick Gal

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 17, 2012
Northwestern Wisconsin
Hi my name's Debbie. I've raised chickens off and on for over 35 yrs. I developed my love of chickens at an early age. Family story has it that when Grandpa would come in from the coop I'd spy a feather on his boot. "Fe Fe" (feather) was my first word after "Mama and Dada". Grandpa raised Leghorn hens and had a roadside stand where as I grew up I helped him sell eggs and produce.

Right now I have 4 hens, an Americauna, 2 Indian Rivers and a Birchen Cochin bantam, who's my favorite.

I also just got my first small batch of Swedish Flower Hen chicks from AandJ's Farm. I ordered 6 and recieved 8, all alive and very healthy. I have a 2nd batch arriving in late March from Greenfire Farms.

I learned about this forum from an ad in a chiken magazine.

I also raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. I'm involved in showing, selling breeding stock and make cheese and soap from their wonderful milk. My husband and I also raise a big garden and put up a lot of produce and have a small greenhouse where we raise most of our flowers and vegatable plants.

I also have my own business as a farm and petsitter for families in the surrounding area.

It's great to find a place where you can "talk chickens" with like minded folks!

Hello Debbie! That's a sweet story.
love.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! I think you're going to enjoy this forum!!!! Have fun!!

Thanks, Barbara. Glad you liked my 'grandpa's feathers" story. He'd really get a kick out of my poultry projects! I know he's looking down from heaven with a big smile. Since he can't share his chicken knowledge with me this site will be a big help. Do you have Swedish Flower Hens?

Back
Top Bottom