Hi from Northwestern Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NW Chick Gal, Feb 17, 2012.

1. NW Chick Gal

NW Chick Gal Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Hi my name's Debbie. I've raised chickens off and on for over 35 yrs. I developed my love of chickens at an early age. Family story has it that when Grandpa would come in from the coop I'd spy a feather on his boot. "Fe Fe" (feather) was my first word after "Mama and Dada". Grandpa raised Leghorn hens and had a roadside stand where as I grew up I helped him sell eggs and produce.

Right now I have 4 hens, an Americauna, 2 Indian Rivers and a Birchen Cochin bantam, who's my favorite.

I also just got my first small batch of Swedish Flower Hen chicks from AandJ's Farm. I ordered 6 and recieved 8, all alive and very healthy. I have a 2nd batch arriving in late March from Greenfire Farms.

I learned about this forum from an ad in a chiken magazine.

I also raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. I'm involved in showing, selling breeding stock and make cheese and soap from their wonderful milk. My husband and I also raise a big garden and put up a lot of produce and have a small greenhouse where we raise most of our flowers and vegatable plants.

I also have my own business as a farm and petsitter for families in the surrounding area.

It's great to find a place where you can "talk chickens" with like minded folks!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hello Debbie! That's a sweet story. [​IMG] [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! I think you're going to enjoy this forum!!!! Have fun!!

3. countrychicken00

countrychicken00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2010
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

So glad you joined us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    I can tell you one thing, lavenders are pretty chickens.

4. NW Chick Gal

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Thanks, Barbara. Glad you liked my 'grandpa's feathers" story. He'd really get a kick out of my poultry projects! I know he's looking down from heaven with a big smile. Since he can't share his chicken knowledge with me this site will be a big help. Do you have Swedish Flower Hens?

5. NW Chick Gal

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Lavender Orps. are high on my "chicken wish list", too!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG] from South Dakota!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by