1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from NW Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SMKirkland, Sep 12, 2010.

1. SMKirkland

SMKirkland New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    My name is Susan and I'm helping my seven-year-old daughter raise chickens. She has some Rhode Island Reds, a Barred Rock, and two banty Wysham Millie Fluers (not sure about the spelling of Wysham). Raising the chickens has been a great experience for her and we've used your site quite a bit, especially the chicken coop section. We're hoping next summer to add more chickens, as we've gotten requests for eggs and maybe some turkeys.

What are the best places to order chickens. She shows for fun, but we're mostly looking for reasonably priced egg produces.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

hi Susan! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you and your son join us all! [​IMG]

6. GHOST_USER_NAME

GHOST_USER_NAME New Egg

Oct 10, 2010
    Hello ! I'm JameC
    I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

7. Wheels

Wheels Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Milledgeville GA.
    Welcome Susan. Follow Ga person too.

8. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from another Georgian, we are so excited you joined. [​IMG]

9. chris deiss

chris deiss Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    omro , wi
    Hi Susan . I ordered some of my chics from My pet chicken .com and the rest I contacted the local Co-op and they gave me the number for a local hatchery but they only had a few breeds to choose from. Also if you go to the local fair if they show poultry you might try there. I ordered 11 specialty chics all sexed and shipped for 90 dollars that sounds pricy but 4 were bantys and sexing them was 7 dollars each . Hope this helps

10. SMKirkland

SMKirkland New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    [​IMG]
    That was a great welcome! Thanks everyone!!! Gracie showed her chickens at the fair this past week -- and brought home 2 blue ribbons and a second, so she was extremely proud of her "babies." Most showers here are into bantams, and we have full size birds (since they are mostly for eggs), but a very sweet family gave her a pair of bantams. Spent the last few days building a small coop and yard for them. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning some stuff!
    Sus

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by