Hi from NW Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by taylorlay, Mar 12, 2018.

1. taylorlay

taylorlay In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2018
    Hello!
    My husband (26) and I (22) are from NW ohio and just recently bought a home in the country so I'm introducing him to the farm life! I used to show chickens, ducks, rabbits, and cows through 4h and FFA. We also raised hogs and pigeons when I was a child as well. My husband is completely new to the farm animal life so he's in for an adventure (lol) We have 2 dogs, a lab and a border collie/Australian shepherd, and 3 cats.
    we recently bought 12 chicks and 6 ducklings from Tractor Supply. 6 Rouen ducks, 3 Ameraucana, 4 mixed bantam, 3 barred rocks, and 2 buff orpingtons. We also have a trio of Brahma, and a trio of Isa Reds. We are building a coop and will be asking tons of questions during our chicken raising! We are excited to be a part of this group!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Howdy! I hope the husband loves the farm life as much as you! Good luck!

3. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

4. rjohns39

rjohns39 Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

5. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Sounds like the makings of a nice flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you're here!

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

You do sound egg-cited! :D I think you are going to enjoy this poultry adventure. :)

Welcome to our roost!

7. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    :frow Hello and welcome to BYC! There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

8. FlyingNunFarm

FlyingNunFarm Crossing the Road

May 28, 2015
    Chesterland, OH
    My Coop
  9. Nyla

Nyla Crowing

Jan 3, 2017
    Northwest, Indiana
    :welcomeSo happy you could join us! There is tons of awesome information and amazingly nice people to help you along the way!

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under taylorlay :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: