Hi from NY!

sundal76

Chirping
Aug 15, 2018
Hey everyone!

I am a new chicken/duck/guinea hen owner. My boyfriend and I (he had chickens when he was younger, I had ducks/guinea hens when I was very young) have recently gotten some new friends.

We got our birds from Murray McMurray Hatchery in Iowa, & they were shipped to us in NY. We have 22 guinea hens, 12 jumbo pekins, 12 cayugas, 7 khaki campbells, & 17 black australorp chickens.

We also have 2 cornish rock chickens we got from Tractor Supply (we don't plan to eat them, there was two left & we bought them...even though from my research they won't live very long :(). And I also got another cayuga duck from Tractor Supply. She had an injured leg & I purchased just her. Unfortunately the vet, who I work for, says it must've been broken & it healed totally wrong. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done for it & eventually I will have to make a sad decision, as right now she is walking on her ankle so it is like walking on bone :( So for the time being I will give her a great life for as long as I can since she is not in any pain.

The chickens and guineas are just over a month old, the ducks are just over two weeks old (they grow so fast!!). The two TSC chicks are just over a week old, and the cayuga from TSC is also just over a week old.

I am so excited to watch my flocks continue to grow and can't wait for them to start laying eggs!

Excited to be apart of this forum and learn from everyone else.

:)

BYC Welcome 7.jpg

What a nice mix of birds you have. Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom