1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MicroHomestead, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MicroHomestead

MicroHomestead New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Hi all. Just joined the site.
    Looking forward to some good advice and conversation.

My wife and I are raising our 3 children here in rural Ohio. We have a very small piece of land and try to make the most of it. We garden, have a backyard chicken flock, and raise rabbits.
    Thanks for having me.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Having a flock, gardening and raising rabbits must keep your family very busy. What breed/s is your flock? I'm sure your children must enjoy helping you out. Animals are a great way of getting them out in the fresh air. My son loves helping with the birds amd he has some great friends in our flock.

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

3. MicroHomestead

MicroHomestead New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Thank you. We have a mixed flock. Getting ready to cull all the old hens. I have chicks growing to replace them. Black Austrolorp, ISA Brown, and some chicks I hatched from my eggs at home. Could be any mix of Delaware, easter Egger, RIR, Golden Buff. Roosters are an Easter Egger and a RIR.

4. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Welcome, glad you joined! What part of Ohio are you in?

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. MicroHomestead

MicroHomestead New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Thanks for the welcome...

Hholly, I'm about an hour drive south of Canton. Eastern Ohio.

7. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Quote:Aw, oh well. Thought we might be close neighbors as I might move to Van Wert soon. Cheers!

8. TBirdsTheWord33

TBirdsTheWord33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Ohio
    Welcome, MicroHomestead, from one Ohioan to another! I'm guessing you're not far from Wintersville? It's beautiful over there on the eastern side of the state. I'm on the other side, which is also nice. Enjoy your time here and let us know how we can help!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  9. MicroHomestead

MicroHomestead New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    About 20 minutes from Wintersville. :) thanks

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by