Hi From Oklahoma!

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys, I know im not new. I have posted quiet a bit and answered a few questions here and there so some of yall are familiar with, but it dawned on me that i have never formally introduced myself after being on here for over 6 months! lol

I live in central/southern Oklahoma, so if any of y'all are near buy let me know for sure!! I am 21 years old and i manage a Hotel, probably not the type of person you see raising chickens right? I got my first ever chickens In June as babies and it has been a ride ever since, but for sure a good one. I started out with 11 baby chicks and guinea keets. I lost a total of 2 due to respiratory issue when they were about a month old and then 2 when they were a couple months old. They were fine one day and died over night, and had to give the final guinea away due to sever aggression towards my chickens. I recently got 6 more girls so i am up to 14 birds total. Two lavender orpingtons, 5 silkies, 1 polish top-hat, 1 sizzle, 1 showgirl, 2 mille fleur d'uccles, and 1 old English game bantam, and one mystery mix (I believe to be a cross between a silkie and a salmon favorelle). They are all living in my old green house I converted into a chicken house, which you can read all about in the "My Coop" link on my profile.
So there is a little about me and my flock. I am so glad i joined this form because i have learned so much and actually get to chat with my type of people! lol So thank you everybody for being so welcoming and help full and cannot wait to see what the future holds!

Hey guys, I know im not new. I have posted quiet a bit and answered a few questions here and there so some of yall are familiar with, but it dawned on me that i have never formally introduced myself after being on here for over 6 months! lol

I live in central/southern Oklahoma, so if any of y'all are near buy let me know for sure!! I am 21 years old and i manage a Hotel, probably not the type of person you see raising chickens right? I got my first ever chickens In June as babies and it has been a ride ever since, but for sure a good one. I started out with 11 baby chicks and guinea keets. I lost a total of 2 due to respiratory issue when they were about a month old and then 2 when they were a couple months old. They were fine one day and died over night, and had to give the final guinea away due to sever aggression towards my chickens. I recently got 6 more girls so i am up to 14 birds total. Two lavender orpingtons, 5 silkies, 1 polish top-hat, 1 sizzle, 1 showgirl, 2 mille fleur d'uccles, and 1 old English game bantam, and one mystery mix (I believe to be a cross between a silkie and a salmon favorelle). They are all living in my old green house I converted into a chicken house, which you can read all about in the "My Coop" link on my profile.
So there is a little about me and my flock. I am so glad i joined this form because i have learned so much and actually get to chat with my type of people! lol So thank you everybody for being so welcoming and help full and cannot wait to see what the future holds!

Hi:frow
I joined yesterday and I'm loving reading the introductions!! Everyone is wonderful and I'm sure at some point we'll be meeting again!!
I only have five total. But I'm told that won't last!! :lau
I got my first.... A rooster, at the beginning of November and by the end I had my five total! :ya

Back
Top Bottom