Hi from Orange County, CA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VelazquezChick, Mar 3, 2015.

1. VelazquezChick

VelazquezChick Just Hatched

Mar 3, 2015
    Fullerton/C
    hello! I am looking into getting backyard chickens. I have 2 kids, a 2 year old and a 7 year old & we are all pretty excited. My husband says I need to "prep the backyard" before I get a coop. Any advice and suggestions or anything is helpful! Thanks and can't wait to make friends here!

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

I suggest taking a look at the Learning Center for lots of helpful articles on raising chickens: Learning Center Articles

Be sure to also take a look at the Coops section, in case you haven't decided on a coop design yet: Chicken Coop Designs

Look through the breed reviews to find out which breeds you might like, too: Chicken Breeds

And, if you can't find answers to some questions, just ask! We're all here to help in any way we can.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

I'd definitely check out the links Wyandottes7 left you. Good luck with any future chicken adventures!

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.
  6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    We're glad you decided to join the ''flock''. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is a lot of great info on this site and I'm sure you'll find answers! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you'll have a couple of "farm hands" helping you out, lol. Great to get the kids involved, they'll learn a lot and it's a good family project.

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to check out The Learning Center, as well as "Raising Backyard Chickens," forums. Welcome to the flock.

1 person likes this.
  9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Definitely check out our Learning Center link that Wyandottes7 left with you. There is lots of useful information there that will keep you from making beginners' mistakes. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chickens.

10. UrbanFarmOC

UrbanFarmOC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2014
    Southern California
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by