Hi from Oregon!

cybercat 2

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
I'm a 52 year old housewife, raising chickens, ducks and geese in Oregon for 11 years. I was born into a poultry environment...my grandfather owned a hatchery and most aunts/uncles and my parents were all involved with the business in one form or another. We're just a hobby farm, but we (hubby, myself and two kids (have loved and enjoyed living with the above mentioned poultry as well as miniature horses, llamas, rabbits, cats and an elderly dog. My kids are almost grown but almost all of their memories have animals in them. I've enjoyed lurking on the forum, but I have come into the light, needing the expertise of those poultry owners who have dealt with bald eagle predation.

frow.gif

Hi, i live in south central florida. we finished our coop yesterday and got 11 laying hens from a friend who has to get rid of hers(not zoned even for 1 and had 50) first time for me, have 1 old lab mix, no kids, husband and mother-in-law.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from North MS!!! Glad you joined!!! I look forward to raising my kids in the country like that, I was a city raised girl, but moved to the country as soon as I could! Lucky hubbs felt the same way!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom