Hi from PA!

dlynne976

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
State College, PA
Just joined and starting on the road to acquiring some chickens! I wanted to come here and get some assistance as we clean up the coop we just received, prepare our yard, check up on all the local ordinances and get ready to (hopefully) get us some chickens! I'm looking to connect with people in the State College, PA area and especially people who know the ins and outs of the local regulations and how to deal with any problems. From the suggested new-member intro section, here is some more about us!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Totally new! I've read a lot and I have friends/co-workers that have chickens, so I have a lot of local resources. We just received a free coop and we have *at least* a few weeks of preparation to go before we get any.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We're allowed up to four hens in our area. I'm not sure how many we'll start with.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Still deciding!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google search for urban chicken info.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Cooking, gardening, local music and local beer!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My bf and I live alone in a cute little house in a residential area with a nice fenced-in backyard. It'll be the perfect setting for chickens! We also have two cats who stay indoors and will hopefully not be too intrigued by the birds. ;-) haha We just received a beautiful stationary coop with a run - from Freecycle! - and can't wait to clean it up and get it ready for our first birds. I enjoy going to all the local farmers' markets and talking with friends and neighbors about food and I can't wait to share chicken info!

hi, altho i'm not from state college, in scottdlae pa. welcome, i think you will learn alot from byc, i know i am.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi I'm from Cali but living in Erie right near mercyhurst. How'd you find what your area allows??? I've looked online everywhere but have found nothing! Good deal on the coop
wink.png

I'm incubating quail ATM and ordered some serama eggs...all small critters in case I'm illegal and a neighbor decides to be picky. Anyways good to see more new ppl

Back
Top Bottom