1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sactown Chickens, May 9, 2009.

1. Sactown Chickens

Sactown Chickens Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    My Hubby and I are new to the world of chickens. We've got six Buff Orps chicks that are three weeks and and who are anxiously awaiting the finishing of their brand new coop (hopefully this weekend as they are growing much FASTER than anticipated). I've really enjoyed reading all the posts and wonderful suggestions on this site [​IMG]

2. pichikeen

pichikeen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    Hi there! I'm also in Sac. I've got one lonely silkie now that my roosters had to be re-homed. She's getting a frizzle friend tomorrow, though. [​IMG]

3. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Welcome from Iowa!

4. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Hello & [​IMG] form Alabama. Glad to have you here at BYC.

5. Sactown Chickens

May 8, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:Did you find the frizzle locally? I've not seen any frizzle chicks at the local feed stored I've visited. I'm waiting anxiously to see if all our chicks turn out to be pullets. If not, we'll be doing some re-homing ourselves.

6. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    [​IMG] I'm just 90 minutes from you! Welcome to BYC, and Just a warning, Chickens are addicting, and This site is a true enabler, LOL, But we love it! Oh and a couple of people in my Area sell frizzles, I just sold 2 myself.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

8. pattypenny

pattypenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2007
    Hello from Arkansas. I lived in North Sacramento just off northgate bolvard 40 years ago. Ca, is a great place to live but I am surprised you can have chickens.

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

10. Sactown Chickens

May 8, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:We live in Sac County, on property still zoned "rural" but close to the actual City. Because of the rural designation, chickens are okay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by