1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from SE Michigan!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by fullhouse, Apr 15, 2008.

1. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I am a regular lurker, but now that I am sure this is a friendly board I am finally posting! My name is Andrea, mom to 5 kids, 3 dogs, 3 laying hens (2 buff Orp, 1 RIR) and 3 pullets (3 RIR). We live on 1/4 acre in a suburb of Detroit and chicken thing is quite an oddity around here. Today is chick day at TSC and the feed store and I am oh so tempted to add a couple babies.

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Hi Andrea! My TSC is having chick days too and I want to go so badly. The only problem is I have 14 chicks, a bator full and more eggs on the way. MUST RESIST!

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] Yep, we are a friendly bunch. Glad you found us. I'm outside of Flint...

4. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Welcome to the chaos. I live right down the road, around the corner from chickflick. What suburb of Detroit are you in? I work in Auburn Hills and travel to see family in the downriver area at least a few times a month.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Hello [​IMG]

6. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:Grosse Ile, so downriver, or in the river really [​IMG] How neat!

7. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:I need some oyster shell anyway, so I might as well concede defeat, lol!

8. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Fullhouse,

I know right where you are. My wife had friends that lived there. She is from Wyandotte, so I am very familiar with the river. I've been over on the island a few times.

9. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Welcome! I hope you like it! I just moved from a burb near Detroit last in late '06. What area were you from?
    Ashlyn

10. fullhouse

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:My husband works in Wyandotte [​IMG] There are surprisingly large numbers of chickens here. Unfortunatly the general lot size is pretty small, so I may never get a goat or a roster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by