Hi from South Alabama!

JenChickieMomma

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
Hello, I am Jen and I just started raising chickens for eggs in the last 2 months. My husband and I have 2 boys 3 and 13 years old and were tired of buying eggs that we didn't know the origin of, so we built a big coop with a large outdoor area for our birds to have. We should have ordered chicks, but a friend of ours that works at the local feed store decided to bring us 6 chicks from their chick sale they were having. What a nightmare, 3 males and 3 females out of that group and the next round was no better. We finally kept 2 out of the 12 we got and added from a lady we know that breeds chcikens, our flock is mixed but are laying away. We have 1 cockerel Jack who is a Columbian Rock and his constant companion Sally who is also a CR hen. We have Ethel who is a Cookoo Maran, there is Lucy and Margaret who are Americauna, then there is Tallahasee who is a Game hen, and ther is our newest member yet to named or breed determined as she is a mix. They all get along and are very friendly so we are happy with our mix of birds! Hope to learn lots from everyone, thanks for having us!

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Hello and :welcome

Glad to hear you guys have your flock going strong now! :lol: Quite a story. :p
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Top Bottom