Hi from South Alabama!

JenChickieMomma

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
Hello, I am Jen and I just started raising chickens for eggs in the last 2 months. My husband and I have 2 boys 3 and 13 years old and were tired of buying eggs that we didn't know the origin of, so we built a big coop with a large outdoor area for our birds to have. We should have ordered chicks, but a friend of ours that works at the local feed store decided to bring us 6 chicks from their chick sale they were having. What a nightmare, 3 males and 3 females out of that group and the next round was no better. We finally kept 2 out of the 12 we got and added from a lady we know that breeds chcikens, our flock is mixed but are laying away. We have 1 cockerel Jack who is a Columbian Rock and his constant companion Sally who is also a CR hen. We have Ethel who is a Cookoo Maran, there is Lucy and Margaret who are Americauna, then there is Tallahasee who is a Game hen, and ther is our newest member yet to named or breed determined as she is a mix. They all get along and are very friendly so we are happy with our mix of birds! Hope to learn lots from everyone, thanks for having us!

NonnasBabies

Muddy Acre Farms
10 Years
Sep 20, 2009
Pride, La.
Welcome!
frow.gif

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Hello and :welcome