Hi from South Carolina

BrandiG

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 29, 2015
Hi y'all! I'm new here and have just became the proud new owner of my first baby chicks. So glad to have found this page and am looking forward to talking with y'all.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your babies! What breed(s) are they?

Nice to meet you and feel free to ask any questions.
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have some great breeds (although technically Red Sex Links are hybrids and not a breed). I've raised Buff Orpingtons for years (still have some in my flock) and they are hardy, friendly and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. I've also raised Red Sex Links for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids) and they are hardy, egg laying machines. Along with my Black Sex Links, my Red Sex Links have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You will get loads of eggs from those two girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Thank y'all so much. The 2 BO's are the sweetest so far. One of them is so tiny compared to the rest that I was worried at first (they seem to make me worry a lot, lol), but s/he is very active and will try and push the others out of her way.

welcome-byc.gif
Congrats on getting your baby chicks, they are such cuties.

I love BO's. Interesting that the largest remained the largest when grown. But some of my smaller babies were as large as the others when grown.

Good luck and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom