Hi From South Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vicschx, May 17, 2011.

1. Vicschx

Vicschx Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    [​IMG] I just wanted to introduce myself! This year is a first yr from me to raise chickens. I got the book the joy of raising chickens and wached Food Inc. I was sold on the idea of having my very own backyard chickens. Thought I would get 25 Feb 18th but ended up just getting 15....I really set out to get Barred Rocks but having to see all the other chicks I ended up with a couple of cochins (whom I love very much!) some red hamshires and silver lace. I love them all! we lost a few and now we are down to 9 chicks. ): I was told they were all hens.
    It is great to be here and can't wait to meet everyone and talk about chickens!

2. Pairie Faring

Pairie Faring Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Dodge City
    [​IMG] from Kansas!

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

4. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    [​IMG] and a warm Texas sized [​IMG] from SE Pa.!!

5. Vicschx

May 17, 2011
    Thank You for the warm welcomes!!! [​IMG]

6. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Vicschx
    I wanted to do chickens last year, but my DH was not on board the movie Food Inc. did him in and now we have 4 Buff Orpingtons. I just love them. They are 6 weeks old today and I'm really looking forward to fresh eggs! Welcome to BYC. It's a great place to make some new friends.[​IMG]
    Kelly

7. Vicschx

May 17, 2011
    Quote:Hi Kelly!
    It is great to see some chicken lovers out there and so many! Yes, I almost could not handle the truth and feeling like I could play a small part if I just raised some free range chickens myself. Those chicks are better than watching TV! My kids have very much and continue enjoying them. We all sat down and watched the Food inc movie at my house and then I ran it over to my neighbors house. They have their own chickens, too!
    Great to be here!
    Thank You!

8. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] That's the first time I've heard of using subtraction in chicken math- What happened!? Just kidding. Welcome to BYC!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by