HI From Southeast Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by halfwildacres, Feb 25, 2016.

1. halfwildacres

halfwildacres Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    HI all! I've lurked around here for several years, and finally joined lol. My family lives in Southeast Ohio on a small farm where we have chickens, ducks, quail, turkeys, pigs and rabbits. I have an egg flock and I am working on Silver Laced Wyandottes, and I am playing around with blue laced red easter eggers. I have Khaki Campbells for eggs and Muscovies for meat, and the quail are for both. I am currently trying to avoid my local feed store since it's chick season. I ended up with 19 mystery ducklings last night, so I'm not doing a very good job lol.

Here are a few of the ducks "bathing" in the snow two weeks ago. :₩
    [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Glad you made it official. :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. It appears that people suffer from duck maths as well a chicken maths - thats a handful for sure [​IMG] Enjoy your impending visit to your local feed store! [​IMG]

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

In addition to all the chicken chatter, there's a really good forum on ducks. You might enjoy that:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

You may enjoy this too!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

7. halfwildacres

halfwildacres Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! I just went ahead and prepped a third brooder tub last night. I told myself that it was going to make things easier to clean...but I'm pretty sure I'm still in denial, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by