1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi! From Southern York County, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Colvin.sherice, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Colvin.sherice

Colvin.sherice Out Of The Brooder

Hi! I'm new to chickens, this spring we got our first 8 chickens as chicks. We still have 8, on gimpy one with a bad leg.I'm not sure of the breeds. There are 3 predominately all white chickens (2 of which are positively roosters) and the others are white with copper and black colorings. We just got our first eggs today!

I found put about BYC by google searching information on chickens, I'm a newbie!
    I am a wife to a wonderful landscaping man and a mother of 2 beautiful girls! We live with our in-laws and there are 9 of us total. We have 3 dogs and a garden. We love our home church and I love to sing.
    Our chickens have been an exciting new adventure! [​IMG]

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad to have you with us. There is a "What breed or gender is this?" thread that may help you if you can post some pics. Hope you have fun here.

[​IMG]

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG] neighbor and [​IMG] from Dover, Northern York County! There are a few other York County folks here on BYC.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! So glad you joined us. After you have posted 10 times go ahead and post some pics if you want positive breed ID on your birds. Enjoy your flock and BYC! [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

6. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Welcome and congrats on the new chicken adventure.

Do the "roosters" crow? I would imagine by now that you can tell if they are roosters. If you need help figuring out breed or sex, just post with pictures and you will get immediate answers.

7. Colvin.sherice

Colvin.sherice Out Of The Brooder

Thanks everybody for the tips and warm welcome!

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by