Hi from sunny uk

frow.gif
First day out is always exciting ... did they go to their coop today or free range? Weather is horrible here, hot and humid and the heat index makes it all worse. We turn on the misters for our chickens about noon or early afternoon and helps so much ... and they love watermelon. Glad you had a nice weather day .... is poor weather hot, cold, or rainy?

Hi
I was working yesterday so they stayed in their run today. Not sure if I need to coax them down or leave them to it. Just don't want them stuck in coop all day as it's high up. Last night was the first night one of them went to coop on own. The other 3 had trouble getting up the ladder. They did make a racket trying to get up with their mate.poor weather day is drizzle rain this time of year seeing as it's suppose to be summer. Where abouts are you.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Congrats on having your flock outdoors - I'm sure they are happy campers.

All the best
Ct

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Congrats on having your flock outdoors - I'm sure they are happy campers.

All the best

]thank you
Opened the coop door at 07.00 and the firest one flew out at 09.50 then the next and the next but roxy was still there by the time I left at10.30. Hoping she managed it. It was fun to watch them try and get into their coop last night only 1 managed on her own. Hoping it's not too high for them.

I live near central Oklahoma City. I doubt the coop is too high ... ours new ones are 8 weeks old and they can fly up about 2.5 feet (maybe higher but that is how tall the highest thing is in their run). So far we are still putting them in their coop at night though they have put themselves to bed a few times. We've got 5 8 week olds and 4 just a little over a year old. We plan to integrate them in September or October.

I live near central Oklahoma City.  I doubt the coop is too high ... ours new ones are 8 weeks old and they can fly up about 2.5 feet (maybe higher but that is how tall the highest thing is in their run).  So far we are still putting them in their coop at night though they have put themselves to bed a few times.  We've got 5 8 week olds and 4 just a little over a year old.  We plan to integrate them in September or October.

The coop is 3 ft off the ground but has a ladder going up to it. It was lovely tonight. My amber rock fed out of my hand and let me stroke her. I also picked her up and stroked her after 3 days. The other 3 aren't as confident. My 4 are 16 wks old. Is if nice to live in okahoma.x

Back
Top Bottom