Hi from Sweden

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Svarthona, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Svarthona

Svarthona Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Yes, there are chicken crazy people all over the world [​IMG] and I´m one of them. I´m 29 and have chickens since about a year. They are a mixture of old-fashioned Swedish farm-breeds from my area, nothing fancy for sure. Calm and cold tolerant small birds, which lay not too many off-white eggs and breed a lot, but I still love them.
    My interest in poultry genetics and how I can improve some of the characteristics of my flock with planned breeding are my main reasons for being here. So I guess you can expect some strange worded questions from me [​IMG] please bear with me, it´s been a long time since typing anything advanced in English and it seems I need to upgrade my vocabulary with some more chicken related words.

2. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    WELCOME!!!! You will Love this site. I learn something new every day! I have nine ducks and five chickens but want more. This site will NOT help you get over a Chicken Addiction!

3. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    Hello from Florida and welcome! [​IMG]

4. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Welcome! Everyone will want to see pictures of your flock. What do chickens in Sweden look like?

6. Svarthona

Svarthona Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Thanks for the warm welcome [​IMG] I guess I already love this active community and it´s really good to know that there are others with a chicken addiction. No way I would want to get over that addiction [​IMG] I want to enjoy and celebrate it.
    Well, what do chickens look like in Sweden. Mmm they look like... look like... chickens. [​IMG] I´ll post some pictures of my flock when I find out how to do so. Which can take a while, probably.

7. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Welcome !!!

8. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from North Central Florida, USA
    Glad to have you here.
    It is nice to have people from other countries so we can learn different practices for caring for our flocks.

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from Wisconsin

10. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    Welcome from middle Tennessee. We are truly addicts around here. Need a 12 point program to manage the addiction. Can't believe my husband hasn't put a stop or halt on expansion. Enjoy this site, it is truly educational and fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by