Hi from Tennessee

mertknits

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 2, 2011
Finally decided to get my own login. Hubby has always had chickens off and on throughout life and asked last year if I minded him building a coop and hatching some eggs? Told him to go ahead, as long as I didn't have to take care of them! Twenty plus chickens later, he developed a pinched sciatic nerve and guess what? I had to eat my words! HOWEVER, I've overcome a dislike of chickens after my Grandmother's Rooster would chase me around the yard when I was little and have decided I actually like them and didn't mind taking care of them. In fact, I now accompany my husband each evening to take care of "our" chickens to make sure he is doing it right - ha ha! So, here I am in East TN helping take care of chickens, running my Yarn Shop w/2 partners as well as part owner of our family owned Pawn Shop/Gun Shop - life is NEVER dull!

Welcome
welcome-byc.gif
. Glad you are here
celebrate.gif

Welcome! You sound like a very busy and creative person. I knit and crochet too, but that's a whole other web site and forum, right? So as for chickens, I'm so glad that you have made a turn for the better. My hubby as well owned a homestead in Alaska for years and had chickens, ducks, geese, bunnies. You name it - he had it. Now we're in CO and loving the fresh mtn. air and space for our flock of nine. Twenty! Wow. Someday I hope to have that many. It seems like the perfect amount of chickens to own and care for. I love taking care of my chickens. Its like an obsession. I hold each and every one of mine everyday so that they get use to being handled and come to me as they become attached sort of speak. Anyway, welcome again and it'll be great to get to know you and your flock. I hope your hubby's sciatica gets better so that he can enjoy his chicken hobby more. Also, TN is a lot different than CO and AK, but we use to live in NC and owned chickens when we lived there so we can, I can, relate is most ways. Good luck. Angela (dsquawker)

Back
Top Bottom