Hi from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fontenot Farm, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Fontenot Farm

Fontenot Farm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2016
    Angleton, Texas
    Hi all, I'm new to BYC, but I have been coming here for a while to get answers to my questions. I don't really have a chicken flock right now, but I have a goose (emden) & a gander (Chinese white) that just started laying. I got the first egg today in the incubator. We are super excited!!

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    [​IMG]
    Welcome fellow Texan! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread (just type your state in the search box) will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Would love to see pictures of how the forthcoming chick turns out from that breeding.

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

BYC isn't just for people with chickens...there are members here with all sorts of birds and other animals, so you'll fit right in.

Make yourself at home and good luck with the hatch!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Fontenot Farm

Mar 10, 2016
    Angleton, Texas
    Will definitely post pics as soon as I know I've done things right LOL. This is my first time hatching, and we now have 3 eggs in there now. Just don't know how soon I can start candling them to see if I have a chick growing or not. Also wasn't thinking about the non-poultry animals we have on our little farm haha. We have a male and female pot belly pigs that just had a litter of 12-1 that didn't make it, and we also have a Boer buck, and two does. One just had two little ones today YAY!!! both seem to be doing very well, we have a little doe, and a buck, and our other doe is due to have kids next week. We are going on our second year on our farm, and this has been a very busy spring so far. :)

8. Fontenot Farm

Mar 10, 2016
    Angleton, Texas
    [​IMG]
    These are our newest additions to our little farm.

9. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Very cute! We have 2 new additions to our place too (they were born on 03-07):

[​IMG]

10. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

Stop with the baby goat pictures. I have managed to avoid getting goats so far and those pictures are too cute. You have triggered my desire for goats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by