Hi From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gway2008, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gway2008

gway2008 Songster

Jun 10, 2009
    Hi Ya'll,
    I'm brand new to this forum and pretty new to owning and raising chickens. I showed a few meat chickens when I was in high school but that's about it. I am enjoying reading this forum and trying to soak up all the information that I can get. I want my chickens happy! Lol... I am in the process of building my older girls (4-5 weeks old) a small coop and by the time they outgrow it I should have their big house done. I have some little peeps in my house right now (only a week old) and am totally in love with them, lol. I have 8 either golden or red (??) Sex-Links, 3 Naked Necks, and the 6 little peeps are all Barred Rocks. I am scared that I'm becoming addicted quickly.. I am going to be the one that is known as that "Crazy Chicken Lady" I guess, LOL...[​IMG]

Well I'm off to go work on the coop.
    [​IMG]

2. dykeswa

dykeswa In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2009
    Greenville Texas
    We are from Texas also we are raising Bobwhites, Tenn. Reds and Buff chicks 52 miles northeast of Dallas...
    WAD

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT!

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG] from Utah

6. TXmom

TXmom Songster

Howdy! I'm in Texas too, west of Houston. What part of the state are you in?

My husband already calls me "Crazy Chicken Lady". [​IMG]

7. gway2008

gway2008 Songster

Jun 10, 2009
    LOL!! Mine is telling everyone about my chicks so I can only imagine that he is also calling me that already too.. I am already kind'a feeling like the Crazy Chicken Lady anyway, so I really don't mind... [​IMG]
    I live in Clyde which is about 15 miles east of Abilene on I-20. I'm dying to post some pics of my babies, lol... Do I post them here in this thread?
    [​IMG]

8. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

9. Owner of Elvis

Owner of Elvis In the Brooder

May 22, 2009
    Sorry...you can't have the Crazy Chicken Lady title...that's already taken by all the other members! Enjoy the forum. I too am new and loving every minute of learning.

10. gway2008

gway2008 Songster

Jun 10, 2009
    Lol, I figure there are quite a few of us crazy chicken ladys running around [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: