hi from the confused english man

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by andy boo, Jul 23, 2011.

1. andy boo

andy boo New Egg

Jul 23, 2011
    :rolleyes:we have 3 new...... 16 week old chooks eating well and free to roam the garden but here it comes the messy side of everything cute. (poo) i want to collect it and make it into a liquid fertilizer (tea), to help regrow everything the little darlings dig up and destroy you get the idea ,grass ,bushes, shrubs .i just dont know if i put the very organic liquid down will they come to any harm,the chickens that is not the plants . as i prefer not to have a heavy beating from the girlfriend does anybody have any ideas big thanks .... andy [​IMG] oops sorry hi every body

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Sorry I don't have any bright ideas on the "tea". I compost what I collect and I still haven't even used it. It just piles up. [​IMG]

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

I really don't know the answer to your question. I compost mine in a big pile with grass clipping and such.

4. andy boo

andy boo New Egg

Jul 23, 2011
    i had a feeling i might have to compost aaaagghh.... something else for the little diggers to scratch up [​IMG]

5. andy boo

andy boo New Egg

Jul 23, 2011
    you just amazed me we have... can you belive this the same breeds minus the labs lost her 2 years ago:(

6. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga.

[​IMG]

WELCOME ABOARD. Making your own fertilizer will probably pose no problem. Just don't go over board.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  7. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I believe, the nitrogen content of fresh poo, is too hot for applying directly to the garden. My uncle once put raw horse manure on his roses and lost every last one. Burned them right to the roots. I think you'll need to compost/age the poo before actually using it on your plants.

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hello and welcome.[​IMG]

9. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
  10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011