Hi from the Great State of Maine!

Stella and May

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have been reading the Backyard Chicken forums anytime I had a chicken or duck question...I'd google a question and the site would pop up with the best answers!! I had to join the group!

My profile name is based off my 2 redbone coonhounds, one who passed on a few years ago and the other is about to turn 5! I love my hounds!

As for the farm, we are a semi- newly established veterans' owned farm on a 200 year old farmstead.

So far, we have 7 chickens. They are about 8 months old. We lost the biggest RI Red to two insanely large hawks this week. We were all pretty bummed.

We also have 3 male pekin ducks who are our comic relief. They just make all of us laugh with their shenanigans.

Our order forms are ready to go to add more chicks and ducklings to the farm...and maybe some turkeys and small livestock to follow...but we are primarily a vegetable farm.

I'm glad to be a part of the group!

take care!!

Erin aka Stella and May

@Stella and May Welcome to BYC how absolutely horrible losing your chooks to Hawks, I really wish I had some to get rid of my pigeons, but then I keep wishing this.

I am sure you will enjoy this site, there are lots of friendly people and plenty of threads in you need anything answering.

Good luck with all your creatures and veggies
smile.png

Greetings from Kansas, Erin, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Love how you chose your username! That's a sport I've always wanted to try but never have. I'd love to see a good hound work a trail. Best of luck with your hounds, chickens, and ducks and thanks for joining BYC! :)

G’Day from down under Erin
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Howdy, howdy, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you decided to join the community, please do make yourself at home here! I am sure you will enjoy it, and I hope you love it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom