"Hi!" from the new guy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bobby1, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bobby1

bobby1 New Egg

Oct 12, 2011
    Hi guys!

I am so excited to be here amongst my poultry brethren! Though I have lived on a farm for most of my life, I only recently got into chickens. When I was a teen I worked in commercial poultry houses but my new found obsession with chickens didn't really spring to life until early this year when I decided to buy an incubator. I rounded up eggs from some family and friends and hatched them - 40 out of 42 eggs hatched my first try!!! I'm hooked and totally obsessed now, lol.

So far I have about 80 birds - Black Austrolorps, Grey gamefowl, a few mutts, and a few bantams. My family and friends are pretty much sick of hearing about them, lol, so I thought I would seek out some like minded folks. I am so glad to be here and hope you all (and your flocks!) are having a great day!

Greetings from Arkansas,
    Bobby

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    [​IMG]

3. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Ha! I know how you feel!
    My family and friends are pretty much sick of hearing about them

This is a good place for people like us who love to learn, love to share, and love our chickens! [​IMG] from the West Coast.​

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Hi [​IMG]

6. kimisfishing

kimisfishing Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Branson Missouri
    [​IMG] I understand, everyone I know thinks I'n crazy for watching chicken tv.....I love it [​IMG]

7. bobby1

bobby1 New Egg

Oct 12, 2011
    Quote:This is a good place for people like us who love to learn, love to share, and love our chickens! [​IMG] from the West Coast.

Don't get me wrong - I can totally have conversations about things other than chickens...I just choose not to.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys, I really appreciate it!

I didn't mention it in my first post but the hens from my first hatch just started laying this week! I am so excited, it is soooo rewarding to go from an egg to an egg. I've learned lots from lurking around these boards, it's such a boost to have that knowledge pay off in the form of breakfast!

8. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Bobby, and [​IMG]. Wow! Those 80 birds must keep you hopping! Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Bobby!

Welcome to BYC from Ohio! I know that feeling.....if you talk chickens too much...you can see your friend's or familie's eyes glaze over.....they are soooo bored!

Well you won't find that here!

Take care and glad you joined,

Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by