1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KittyCat13, Jun 21, 2016.

1. KittyCat13

KittyCat13 Just Hatched

Jun 21, 2016
    UK
    Hi there :)

I've been using this site for a while, so I thought it was really time to join the forum! This looks like such a knowledgeable place and I can't wait to get talking to fellow chicken and duck keepers!

We currently have 11 chickens and 6 runner ducklings and I'm hoping to add quail (plus a few more hens/ducks) to the mix at some point this year :)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  3. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey @KittyCat13 I am so happy you joined our roost at BYC! We definitely have a lot of very knowledgeable people here at BYC! I would like to welcome you with open arms! Yes this site is very helpful for all chicken related things! You said you were thinking of adding quail so if you happen to go through with that this is our quail forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Welcome to BYC
    Glad you stopped lurking and decided to join in on the fun!
    Caroline[​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Check out the "Other Backyard Poultry forum," to find threads on ducks and quail, guineas, peafowl, etc. etc. Welcome to BYC

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome from Yorkshire!!

Glad you could join us here! Nice mix of birds you have there and I'm sure you will really enjoy quail. I hatched and raised some and they were fab little birds. Please do pop by the UK thread that Sumi left the link for. We may have some members that are pretty close to you ;)

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by