Hi from Tulsa, OK!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Menqet, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Menqet

Menqet Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Hi everyone! I love BYC! I purchased 3 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Australorp, and 2 yet-to-be-identified bantams (I'm so hoping it's a silkie and a cochin). That makes the limit of 6 for the animal ordinance in Tulsa. I wish I could have more! I've been wanting chickens for a couple years now, and my husband finally encouraged me to take the leap. We've spent most of the weekend building the coop, and we're modeling it off the "Wichita Coop", as seen in the small coop section. So far, so good! We've never built anything before, but it looks really nice!
    We also have two awesome girls, ages 11 and 7. They love the new little chicks. We also have a Pug, named Fu ManChu, and a hamster named Freddy II.

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] Hi there! Welcome to the best website in the world! [​IMG] You're SO going to love this place! Lots of friendly folks, tons of helpful information and ideas, exchanges of witty banter -- what's not to love? [​IMG] Pull up a chair and stay a while... [​IMG]

3. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from Northern California. [​IMG]

4. Menqet

Menqet Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks! I'm really hoping we have all pullets. I'm not sure how much a noise nuisance a rooster would be in city limits. So far, their names are Camilla, Pika, Liza Manelli, Peanut, Buffy the Worm Slayer and Nugget, although I'm not sure of the sex of the last two. It might turn out to be Buff the Worm Slayer. I have been reading BYC for a couple years, and it's good to be here as a chicken owner!

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

8. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    Welcome to BYC. We want pictures of your coop when you're done. We like to drool in here, lol.[​IMG] chicks are so entertaining, aren't they?

9. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    Welcome Menqet .:welcomeFrom Maine

10. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by