Hi from Tulsa, OK!

Menqet

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Hi everyone! I love BYC! I purchased 3 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Australorp, and 2 yet-to-be-identified bantams (I'm so hoping it's a silkie and a cochin). That makes the limit of 6 for the animal ordinance in Tulsa. I wish I could have more! I've been wanting chickens for a couple years now, and my husband finally encouraged me to take the leap. We've spent most of the weekend building the coop, and we're modeling it off the "Wichita Coop", as seen in the small coop section. So far, so good! We've never built anything before, but it looks really nice!
We also have two awesome girls, ages 11 and 7. They love the new little chicks. We also have a Pug, named Fu ManChu, and a hamster named Freddy II.

frow.gif
Hi there! Welcome to the best website in the world!
big_smile.png
You're SO going to love this place! Lots of friendly folks, tons of helpful information and ideas, exchanges of witty banter -- what's not to love?
big_smile.png
Pull up a chair and stay a while...
caf.gif

Thanks! I'm really hoping we have all pullets. I'm not sure how much a noise nuisance a rooster would be in city limits. So far, their names are Camilla, Pika, Liza Manelli, Peanut, Buffy the Worm Slayer and Nugget, although I'm not sure of the sex of the last two. It might turn out to be Buff the Worm Slayer. I have been reading BYC for a couple years, and it's good to be here as a chicken owner!

Back
Top Bottom