Hi from UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by grenhouse, Sep 11, 2011.

1. grenhouse

grenhouse New Egg

Sep 11, 2011
    Hi all,

Have been looking at the site for a couple of years now and never joined but decided to do so today!
    I have been keeping chickens and quail for around 3 years now. My current flock consists of Chocolate orpington bantams, Large fowl lavendar orpingtons, Buff orpingtons, Blue and white silkies, White stars, Warrens, dorking, and gold laced wyandotte.
    I also have some italian quail, a californian quail and some chinese painted quail (or button quail as you guys call them).
    Appreciated the help upto now and look forward to giving some, and receiving some more!

Thanks

Steve

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Sounds like you have quite the collection.

Imp

3. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Hello, and welcome Steve. Where in the UK are you? I've been on Hugh Fearnley Whittingsall's, River Cottage forum and am really enjoying it. You'll love being a member of BYC forum. The folks are so nice and helpful too.

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] and welcome to BYC [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke Out Of The Brooder

Hello, from Canada [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. grenhouse

grenhouse New Egg

Sep 11, 2011
    Hiya,

I am from South Yorkshire, up north. Yeah, Hugh's river cottage website used tobe good, then they revamped it and a lot less people use it now. There are much better forums for poultry keepers now, the practical poultry forum probably being the best with the poultry keeper being the next. I love looking at the coops designed on here, but I am always jealous at how much land people seem to have! I have an allotment and a back garden in suburbia!

Steve

7. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

8. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you have a really nice flock [​IMG]

10. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by