Hi from Utah

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sedfamfarm, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Sedfamfarm

Sedfamfarm In the Brooder

Aug 8, 2009
    Utah
    We are a family of 8 from Utah. Last spring, my hubby decided he would like to get chicks so we that we could have our own source of eggs. I went along with this idea, and have been pleasantly surprised by how much fun the chickens have been! We got our chickens in March 09. They were born on the 25th, making them now 19 1/2 weeks old. We have 2 RIRs, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Leghorn, 1 Buff Orpington, and 1 EE. Just yesterday and today, we got our first two eggs! The first we believe was laid by one of the RIRs named Daphne. The second is a little bit different shade, more pink, and we aren't sure who laid it.

As for our other pets, we have 2 Labrador Retrievers, 1 Dwarf Hamster, 4 Gerbils, and 1 Mini Rex Rabbit.

Looking forward to getting lots of ideas and knowledge from the BackYard Chickens forum!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from NJ!

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! Love the picture, what a pretty and peaceful setting. [​IMG]

6. nicalandia

nicalandia Crowing

Jul 16, 2009
    Welcome...[​IMG] I used to live in Utah for 5 years...I loved it...I love how the people are very nice and polite.....

7. Kelso

Kelso Songster

Aug 6, 2009
    Welcome to this awesome forum. Nice pics.

8. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG] from a fellow Utahn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: