HI from Washington (state)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Plucky Pullet, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Songster

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi to all, Just joined the forum tonight. I have always wanted to have chickens and 2 days ago I became a proud momma hen to a chicken (or pullet) that I found wandering down a semi-busy city road. I am new to keeping chickens and am happy to take any advice you guys can offer me....
    Thanks for reading
    Nice to meet you all:)

2. sodbuster

sodbuster In the Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Welcome from a King County native. You are welcome to join us on the Washington State thread.

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Oh and it is okay to have 8 hens in Seattle now.

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Wow. Welcome! Where abouts in Washington are you? (Never mind, I just saw Enumclaw...I spent most of my life in Seattle)
    And, your pullet will most likely be happier if you get her a friend. Wandering down a city street. What a great story. Do you have a picture?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  6. graham cracker:

graham cracker: Hatching

Jul 28, 2010
    [​IMG]....[​IMG]...this is a great website for question and answers about chicken:thumbsup good job for chossin byc:woot

7. Plucky Pullet

Plucky Pullet Songster

Aug 18, 2010
    I do have pictures however my camera is giving me a little grief at the moment. I really want to determine if Speckles is indeed a girl, so pictures to come as soon as. She is a very cute little thing about 4 months old black with white speckles (hence the name). The vet says she is in good health but she is on CEFA drops due to a raw spot on her foot. I do want to get her a friend or two (what a perfect excuse for chicken shopping) but this time of year I am having trouble finding pullets, and to be honest am not too sure where to look. I will also need to get a coop in the next week or so too.....

8. bella1210

bella1210 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

9. anvi

anvi Hatching

Aug 19, 2010
    What a neat story! Nice to meet you!

10. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Wow! What a way to get into chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: