Hi from Western Australia

ddhughes

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2018
Hi All,
My daughter who is 12 is a Chicken loving enthusiast. She has kept chickens for over 5 years and had lots of success entering them in our local agricultural show. Recently she bought a second hand incubator to try hatching some Araucana eggs she has been given. So we might be posting many questions regarding doing this. No doubt we will spend a lot of time on this site :)

Attachments

• AD79E2EC-A2B7-4596-913E-32E6AEA29A9E.jpeg
    AD79E2EC-A2B7-4596-913E-32E6AEA29A9E.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 9
Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I have just been reading your bator thread and i wish you the best of luck with your hatch.

Here's a link to your country thread - they are a nice bunch, so feel free to pop over there and introduce yourself - Aussie Thread

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar, which will be helpful)

Best wishes
Pork Pie

hi :frowand welcome:welcome! What breeds have you already got? You know about the lethal gene don't you for the Araucanas? I ended up with a live hatch rate of I think less that 50% and one of the 3 had a cross beak (slightly higher incidence apparently) so had to be culled. I do so love my beautiful white roo and little partridge girl though - waiting for that first blue egg any day now!

Hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do :weeCongrats to your daughter.

When I was 12 my Cocker got 2nd. out of 2 entries in an AKC show, I did everything wrong - got the lead wound around the dog comb and couldn't let go. Went around the ring in the wrong direction, and my dog screeched when the judge tried to go over him. Thank goodness I got over that. Ended up years later having many Champion home bred Cockers .

Back
Top Bottom