Hi from Western North Carolina

OnceAroundTheBlock

Songster
8 Years
Sep 24, 2011
Western North Carolina
I guess I should finally introduce myself since I've been lurking for awhile here on the forum. I had a nice flock of chickens about 20 years ago but after they lived productive long lives and passed on, my then husband tore down my chicken coop and that was the end of that.

I've missed having chickens all these years and even my noisy rooster who always had an off-key kind of crow. He would drop the last couple of r's..........
hu.gif

My new chicken coop was made by our high school construction class (we used to call it "shop" back in the day) and is a pretty cool coop. If I were a chicken, I'd love it!

It's supposed to be delivered sometime this week and at that time the students are going to build the run too. The next step will be chicken shopping for 2 or 3 pullets and a rooster but so far everyone I've asked that has chickens say they have none for sale. I might have to run an ad in the classified section of our paper or just be patient and wait until Spring to get some chicks at the feed store.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I'm OnceAroundTheBlock from NC, and I really appreciate all of the knowledge you all so willingly share. I'm re-learning a lot from all of you.
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom