Hi from Western North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OnceAroundTheBlock, Nov 14, 2011.

1. OnceAroundTheBlock

OnceAroundTheBlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Western North Carolina
    I guess I should finally introduce myself since I've been lurking for awhile here on the forum. I had a nice flock of chickens about 20 years ago but after they lived productive long lives and passed on, my then husband tore down my chicken coop and that was the end of that.

I've missed having chickens all these years and even my noisy rooster who always had an off-key kind of crow. He would drop the last couple of r's.......... [​IMG]

My new chicken coop was made by our high school construction class (we used to call it "shop" back in the day) and is a pretty cool coop. If I were a chicken, I'd love it!

It's supposed to be delivered sometime this week and at that time the students are going to build the run too. The next step will be chicken shopping for 2 or 3 pullets and a rooster but so far everyone I've asked that has chickens say they have none for sale. I might have to run an ad in the classified section of our paper or just be patient and wait until Spring to get some chicks at the feed store.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I'm OnceAroundTheBlock from NC, and I really appreciate all of the knowledge you all so willingly share. I'm re-learning a lot from all of you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Let me be the the first to [​IMG]

It's a great place here. [​IMG]

You can always check out Craigs list for chickens. There may be just what you are looking for there. Also check out the Chickens for sale here on BYC.

3. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    [​IMG] hi!! from me, in St Albans, UK - welcome! [​IMG]

4. cityslickers

cityslickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

5. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W. Tenn. [​IMG]
    Glad you joined up.

6. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

WElcome! What part of NC? I am in NC also and might could steer you in the right direction to someone who has some nice chickens for sale

7. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad you joined us!

[​IMG]

9. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] from SoCal. A custom made coop- yipee! Good luck w/ your buying spree.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by