Hi from western wisconsin!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KVG0908, Feb 20, 2015.

1. KVG0908

KVG0908 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2015
    New Richmond WI
    Hello All!
    I'm Katy, from New Richmond,WI, and planning to start a flock of BLUE orps! I'm picking up my hatching eggs the end of march and I'm beyond excited! I'm completely obsessed with reading the forums here on BYC and tend to lose track of time while perusing the site. There are HOURS of my day lost on here :eek:
    Any one else out there from western Wisconsin?

2. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! This site is a great resource, I'm sure you'll find answers to all you questions here. :)
    [​IMG] Good luck with your flock.

[​IMG]

3. KVG0908

Feb 17, 2015
    New Richmond WI
    Here's a silly question for you. How do you get the cute little smiley faces in your response?? Lol

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Katy

Glad you could join the flock! Drop by the where am I where are you section of the forum for other people in your area https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck with your eggs in March, incubating can become very addictive as I myself have found out. It's also fun nerve wracking and exciting all rolled into one!! But when you see your chicks in the brooder it's all worth it.
    Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat.

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Depending what device your on (I'm on iPad) when I reply next to the box there is a row of smileys just underneath it says more click that and more smileys should come up.

6. KVG0908

Feb 17, 2015
    New Richmond WI
    Thanks[​IMG] apparently I had to switch that option on for my iphone!

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Katy. Glad you decided to our flock. Orpingtons are a wonderful breed; hardy, friendly, and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets or ours), and good layers of large, brown eggs; and the Blue Orps are especially beautiful. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Blue Orpingtons are beautiful birds that I'm sure you'd enjoy! I've never kept them myself, but have always liked the color and appearance. To find some other Wisconsin neighbors, I suggest taking a look at the Wisconsin thread: Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Blue Orps are beautiful. So glad you decided to join the flock. Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by