1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, glad I found ya'll!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Dec 25, 2007.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hi there, I was searching for help online for my classroom hatching project and came across this site. I've been reading some of the posts and it sounds like I've come upon a true gold mine! I look forward to interacting with everyone. I'm in Southern New Mexico right across the line from El Paso, Texas.
    K

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! It's a blast, guaranteed to educate and entertain!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks Cynthia,, right after I posted it I realized I hadn't gone back to the main page and was still under construction plans! I'm sure looking forward to being a member.
    Kate

4. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    Welcome to BYC! im sure all these fine people here will point you right as they have me and thier so helpful .. its a nice big family here .. but again welcome ..

5. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Welcome! BYC is a great place.

Sounds like you are aroung the Las Cruces area? We used to live in Alamogordo and still have our house there. We are renting it out and are even thinking about retiring there one day.

Welcome!

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes! I live in Chaparral, it's South of Alamogordo by about 75 miles.
    Kate

7. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I am very familiar with Chaparral. I knew some people that lived there and raised ostrich. I just love that part of the country.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's fine, I've done the same thing myself. Ill just move it to the appropriate section for you. Again, welcome to the insanity!

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks for moving me! I'm now over in the "buy,sell,trade" trying to word a posting there for my classroom.
    We used to have a few people out here with ostriches,, emus, now they aren't so common. Unless a fellow who offered to send my class 4 emu eggs really does it and they hatch!
    Kate

10. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Welcome!

We're always glad to get new people here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by