Hi Guys!

Taylorbandera

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2016
Oklahoma
Hello everybody! I'm new here and have been learning a lot. I have two BR hens about 7 months old who are laying great. I added two SL pullets who are about 3 months old. The two BR are not even letting the pullets out of the coop. The BR are keeping the two pullets cornered in the nesting boxes all day. Any ideas?

You have to integrate new birds slowly. Your established birds won't welcome them with open wings. Be sure the new birds have food and water near by because your older ones will bully them away from the usual feeder etc. And will probably not allow them on the roosts either.

Please use search box to find "Look but, don't touch integration method." It's the kindest way to proceed

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on drumstick diva's comments. Chickens don't take to sudden changes (including new coop mates) well.

Here's a link to an article in the Learning Center that does a good job of explaining how to add new birds to an existing flock:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/adding-to-your-flock

Good luck to you

Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom