HI HI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bobbalink, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Bobbalink

Bobbalink Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2017
    Mpls, MN
    I have been lurking forever and now have an idea of my overall plan thanks to so many experienced and knowledgable people on this site . My only real experience with chickens was a 100 broiler chickens my family had one summer when I was a child and more recently 6 chickens a couple of years ago in my own backyard. Having backyard chickens in the heart of the city was phase one [​IMG] of the plan. Phase two [​IMG] involves selling my house and moving to the country where I can raise dorkings for meat and a second breed for eggs. I would like distinct breeds for each so that I can work on breeding programs to improve those particular qualities.

To put it succinctly, [​IMG] I want to have fun with chickens, with the option of building a serious venture out of my hobby.

And yes...I do love the emotes!

2. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2017
    Naboo
    My Coop
    HI! Welcome to the flock!

3. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck on your chicken venture!

4. Bobbalink

Bobbalink Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2017
    Mpls, MN
    [​IMG] Thanks! I wish I could get started sooner but one thing at a time.

5. jennrenee

jennrenee Just Hatched

Apr 14, 2017
    Welcome! I'm new here too!

6. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2017
    Naboo
    My Coop
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Bobbalink [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes on your venture!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Hi everyone! I'm new and so excited! I have been a country girl all my life (56 years) and have had pigs, goats, dogs, cats, fish, birds,rats, mice, hamsters,guinea pigs, greyhounds, turtles and frogs! But I've never had chickens! Picked up my ladies today and couldn't be happier! Thanks for the great forum! (I still have fish, cats, bunnys, and frogs) ;)

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hello and welcome from down under to you also Cockadoodledew [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens - [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by