Hi! I’m new here

Kate Shaw

Chirping
Jan 24, 2019
Avon, NY
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
*I am new to chickens. I FINALLY convinced my husband (with the help of our adorable 3 year old) to get chickens after 5 years of begging and passive aggressive chicken comments Our pullets are just over 6 weeks old

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
*3 California Whites
*3 Buff Orpingtons
*3 Cinnamon Queens
*3 Americaunas

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Mostly Fresh eggs and teaching my children about where their food comes from and respecting that process.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Anything outdoors, really...gardening, hiking, kayaking,
I love camping...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have been married almost 6 years. We have two children, our daughter is almost 4 and our son is 21 months. We have a dog, some fish, and a little house on a bunch of acres.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
BYC came up a EVERYWHERE (google, Pinterest, etc) whenever I searched my newest chicken question...I have friends and neighbors with chickens but wanted to be a part of a larger network as well

Hi! This is a great place to be if your new!! I just joined too.
We also have some Buff Orp chicks and a little Americauna (she's a gem!). We increased our flock from two to twenty four in just under a year. A little overwhelming, but loving it.
Glad you convinced your husband, I think it's great showing your kids where food comes from, and having your own eggs is so nice (and you know how the chicken is being treated and fed!!) Best of luck and have fun!

0801A305-31E2-4C46-AFAB-091A026D5EED.jpeg

Your children will both enjoy giving treats, and collecting eggs. Nothing is cuter than a toddler getting eggs. :lol: It’s great!

Back
Top Bottom