Hi I’m new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mother Goose1968, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Mother Goose1968

Mother Goose1968 In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2018
    I’m sooo soooo sorry. I just am introducing myself.

I’m am from the south. I’m totally new to all this...my husband has pulled me into raising chickens. I’ll admit they are hysterical to watch.
    After having the chickens a while, I was given two goslings. One being quite sick. I was to “mother” it back to life... From there I was so attached to geese.

My name is Judy. We have 8 chickens and two geese. We live on what used to be a dairy farm. I’m originally from the city. So adjusting was very difficult—very isn’t the right word to use. EXTREMELY difficult. I’m so overwhelmed and not accustomed to getting up at the crack of dawn. Anyway that’s me in a “nut shell”
    I’m looking forward to this life.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome to BYC!

3. Nats Chickens

Nats Chickens Crowing

Jun 20, 2018
    NSW, Australia
    My Coop
    Hi! Welcome to BYC!! This is THE LIFE!!!! You'll get used to it. I live in the sub rural of Australia on 3/4 of an acre and have 8 chooks, 5 guinea pigs, one dog and hopefully soon, a rabbit. Also I NEED a ROOSTER!!!! And some purebred chickens. SO SO sorry to highjack your thread, just introducing myself and u r soooooo lucky with those geese!!

4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
  5. Stepnout

Stepnout Songster

May 6, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    CCA18C2A-93B7-405B-B1E8-1B2708B4A8E5.jpeg Good for you, joining BYC! You will learn to love the country life, just keep an open mind.
    Get up before the sun comes up, go outside and just stop, look and listen. Before the sun comes up everything you see is in black and white (lack of lighting). As the night slowly turns to day nature wakes up. You will likely see the night creatures scurrying about and headed back to their daytime hideouts. The birds will slowly wake and shortly break into their morning chorus. The daylight will begin and nature will reveal her most vibrant colours. It is a country morning scene most folks long for. And being on a farm it is out your front door!
    Starting my day headed to the chicken tractor lol!

6. N F C

N F C no time like snow time

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Hi Judy, thanks for the intro! Cute avatar...is that you?

It's nice to have you here!

7. Mother Goose1968

Mother Goose1968 In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2018

8. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Welcome Cool.gif

Does the farm still have cows to milk? If not, I would sleep in a bit. Chores will get done.

There is quite a bit of automation you can do for chickens too. Check the articles for auto feeders and water systems

N F C, Joeschooks, Stepnout and 2 others like this.
  9. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Quail Hatch TBD

Welcome to BYC!
    :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP

N F C, Joeschooks, Stepnout and 2 others like this.
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens (and geese) Judy, it's very nice to meet you.

Joeschooks, Stepnout and ronott1 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: