HI I am new here.. looks like a great fun group!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fdnick, Aug 22, 2007.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI, we are a small farm in Spokane, wa. 9 TB's, 1 Gypsy Vanner, 2 Brabants, 3 APHA paints, 8 American Blackbellly (barbadoes) sheep, 5 South African Boerboels, 2 african greys, i double headed amazon, a pair of lovebirds and hopefully soon several standard size cochin (soon as I can find some :O)
    We are new to "chicken raising" and hope we can get educated by all you nice chicken folk out there.. we hope to start our flock soon and I am sure will be needing "advice and guidance"..
    anyhoo thanks for letting us join.
    Frank and Denna

2. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    Welcome! You'll like it here. Good people, good advice.[​IMG]

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Hi there and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy adding chickens to you farm as they are alot of fun and good therapy! Many of us also have horses (me) and other animals too. This is a really nice site with nice people chock full of information on everything!

4. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I so enjoyed your web site and looking at all the wonderful 4 legged and 2 legged residents.
    Check your local feed store. They should be able to direct you to a cochin supply.
    Welcome
    Jacie

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Hi Frank and Denna! Welcome! You have come to the right place. Everyone here seems to be very helpfull. Any questions you might have, just ask away, someone will be able to direct you in the right direction!

6. Happyhenz

Happyhenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Canberra Australia
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome!
    I hope you'll love this site like i do.

Cheers From Canberra Australia

7. pricem11

pricem11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Welcome Frank and Denna!

8. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Welcome - I was looking to find pic's of your Gypsy on your webpage... didn't find one - but love the pups - remind me of "home" in SA.....

9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI guys, thanks for the warm welcome, Chelly you can see Boomy (gypsy) here http://www.moonmountainranch.us/4.5.html
    We
    look forward to getting our own flock of Cochins soon.. and am sure I will be posting many questions.. :O)
    Denna

10. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    OOOOHHHH! Forget the chickens I want that Gypsy! [​IMG] I am so jealous right now!!! My second favorite site (BYC being my first of course [​IMG] ) is THIS ONE I can sit and drool for hours at those Gypsy's. [​IMG] Of course I'll have to win the lottery if I'm ever going to acquire one, most of them cost more then my DH's car...when it was new! [​IMG]
    BTW welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by