Hi I am new...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pamhallb, Jan 21, 2009.

1. pamhallb

pamhallb New Egg

Jan 21, 2009
    Duxbury Ma
    Hi just found this blog spot and I am so pleased. I live in Duxbury Ma...currently I have chickens and peafowl...This is probably my 4th year raising birds...I just love them. I am interested in unique colored eggs, and beautiful birds I raise my birds for pleasure and eggs. I am very interested in new additions of mild mannered birds, so if you are interested in selling a few of your flock or know of upcoming swaps I would love to know of them. Thanks! Pam

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN.

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    [​IMG] I raise chickens and ducks for pleasure and eggs too! I don't know of any swaps coming up in your area but wanted to welcome you! [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I'm sure we'll all keep you busy, enjoy!

[​IMG] from SC!

5. Big Red's Mom

Big Red's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Terry, Mississippi
    Welcome from Mississippi
    [​IMG]

6. imfowl

imfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Louisiana
    Welcome from La.! What kind of chickens do you have?

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Pam. So glad you found us. This is a great flock of people with lots of info. I am sure you will be able to add to that list. Hey...I see you are looking for birds....you have an incubator? ;)You know...we are coming into hatching season....so hatchaholics...UNITE! [​IMG]

8. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Ok, I'll bite what breeds do you have now. Welcome! Where are the pictures? Everyone loves pictures! When you find the pictures we'll be here in the Backyard.

9. pamhallb

pamhallb New Egg

Jan 21, 2009
    Duxbury Ma
    Wow you guys are great made me smile right away, the peacock and hen are blue and green, she rules the roost! lost my other pied peafowl to "the locals" : predatory villians living in the area of the furred and feathered type. bantams, RI reds, and a few Half-breeds, as well as some pure breds that I can't even name and Japanese ...I have found that "the locals' are quick to lure the bantys so much to my chagrin I am getting larger breeds now. I love the little ones tho-they are such good mothers and have great temperments. Tried cresteds , frizzles, cochins, love the hatted birds. I cant get enough of the americunas and now I am looking for some other colored egg layers. I also want sebastople (spelling) geese just a couple because they're gorgeous and friendly...tried guineas for tick control but oooh are they flighty and LOUD so, I gave them to good homes. I am ordering an incubator as we read/write/speak.....I do let a number of the birds hatch out some of their own when it gets warmer and if they seem to be good broody moms....

10. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    [​IMG] from NC. glad to mee you , I am william 9792 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by