Hi, I am Sergey. I have an extraordinary situation on our backyard.

Welcome to BYC!
A nest as in a duck sitting on eggs?
Or baby ducks?
Can you post a picture?
Do you have wild ducks in your area?

11 baby ducks already. No lakes with ducks within a couple of miles from here. I have no pictures prepared yet. Just one video. I have downloaded it on youtube:

0.jpg

When I submitted my answers here with a link to video attached, I was notified that link is not permitted, and the whole answer disappeared. So, I m not sure do I need to repeat the answers or the previous one will appear later on :-(

I am not sure what your are referring to...as in what you responded to...the answers..????

the previous one will not appear here on this thread.

Yes, the answer is not here yet. I can repeat shortly:
1. 11 baby ducks are hatched already yesterday
2. the closest lake with ducks is about two miles from here.
3. I have no photos prepared yet, but only one video from the day before yesterday. However, I have no permit to post it here.

In general, we have a pool here, but not a pond. So, I am not sure they are able to find enough food around.

Wild ducks hatch out a clutch just about every year in my yard.

They do NOT need a lake close by. Any standing water, ditch, backyard fish pond etc are sufficient. They will eat grass and plants.

They will be able to fly within a few weeks but it's very unlikely they will stay that long. Momma will probably walk them out under a gate or through the fence.

If they don't bother you, there is no need to bother them. If you put out a dog dish full of water with a rock in it and one outside, they will be able to drink and not drown.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom