Hi I am Sheri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eszbibb, Feb 6, 2016.

1. eszbibb

eszbibb New Egg

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi, I have Sheri. I was raised on a farm and after 26 years of following my husband around while he served in the military we are back home and now have chickens, dogs, cows and a cat. I look forward to learning more about chickens.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Shari. Glad you decided to join our flock. Tell your husband I said thank you for his years of service to our country. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  3. mawzeeschikz

mawzeeschikz New Egg

Feb 5, 2016
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Hi, thanks from Louisiana ..!
    I started with 4 duckies for the gramdbabies and I'm down to 1... Two were found dead and 1 disappeared. We have 1 nesting on obvious infertile eggs. But, She's been a good mama and I hate it for her. So, thanks for the add and also for all of the knowledge that you guys have !! Looks like I'll be getting more duckies B4 the grandkids come back !!
    From what I've learned here in past few days. It seems I need a coop? House? Something for them to be safe ..! Also they want chickens.. Yikes !! Thanks again for the add !! I'll need it ..!
    Mawzeeschikz

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

5. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Sheri, [​IMG]

Thanks to your husband for serving and to you for supporting his efforts. Sounds like you're right back on the farm, you must be enjoying all the animals.

Michael O'Shay has given you a good place to get started learning about chickens, the Learning Center has a lot of information. And the members here are very helpful so always feel free to ask questions.

What breed of chickens do you have now?

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] to you too!

Sounds like you definitely need a house for the ducks to be safe in at night. The members over on the duck forum are really helpful so ask them any questions you might have.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck to you

7. Benswifey

Benswifey New Egg

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi I'm Veronica from California! I love my chickens![​IMG][​IMG]

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Veronica, [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Shari, very nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do. Please thank your husband for me, for his years in service.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sheri and welcome to BYC. You already have some great advice and i hope this helps. Don't be shy in asking questions - we all like to help each other out here.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by