Hi I have a question I have four ducks recently that have been biting me driving me crazy

courtney91

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2021
I have a question I recently have been noticing every time I come out to play or say what the ducks I've been getting bit and it's like a really sting Sharp bite leaves bumps all over in a really really tiny like very hard to notice them unless you're really really looking close??I have no idea what to do and I'm freaking out doesn't even else have the idea experience? I'm in kcmo I had got all four of the ducks close to Easter one of them was shipped in the mail the other ones I picked up out in Kearney mo.

Hi I rescued a baby Muscovy drake 4 weeks old. All was great until he hit "puberty" upon which he had needs, great needs. My work boots were great and protected me from many a injury. I surrendered them to him and he left the chickens alone. He is 15yrs old and weighs over 10kgs. He doesn't want my boots any more. Good luck.

I had a talk with my Ancona drake when he broke skin during the days of carrying them outside in a tub. Subject of the talk was Ozzy Osbourne and bats. Hasn't bit me since. :lau

I have a question I recently have been noticing every time I come out to play or say what the ducks I've been getting bit and it's like a really sting Sharp bite leaves bumps all over in a really really tiny like very hard to notice them unless you're really really looking close??I have no idea what to do and I'm freaking out doesn't even else have the idea experience? I'm in kcmo I had got all four of the ducks close to Easter one of them was shipped in the mail the other ones I picked up out in Kearney mo.
wait it the duck biting you or a bug. I cant quite tell from your question

Simply do not tolerate the biting, you are much larger than the ducks. When you get bit just lock them in a jail for 20 minutes and they should learn to associate that and stop biting.

Did you allow them to imprint on you? Often when ducks imprint and start to produce hormones they see who they imprinted on as a flock member and something to mate. The only way to truly break this behavior is to only allow them to mingle with their flock members...not you or anyone else they imprinted on. That means the only time you spend with them is when you go out to feed/water/clean that's it. No treats, no petting, no sitting there spending time with them or any form of attention until the behavior breaks. Wear proper clothing and footwear to protect you in the meantime. If you don't nip it in the butt now they will only think you're giving them the green light and if you think your young drakes are aggressive now just wait until they fully sexually mature.

Back
Top Bottom