Hi - I New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Axle Quails, May 1, 2011.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Im New here [​IMG]

I've been hatching quail Eggs for 9 months now [​IMG] - i hatched 40 out of 60 i dunno if that good but letting you know.

I just came here to find new people who hatch eggs and what ever eles. [​IMG]

Im from UK

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    welcome! do you sell your quail or eat them? There are a lot of nice quail people here. enjoy yourself!

3. mimisgoose

mimisgoose Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Hello, I too am new to this forum. I am wondering if you can tell me where to go on here to post a question? very confused!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys

4. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Quote:Im going to start selling [​IMG].
    since we had bad weather it killed half of my stock and now i got to work for it!.

And i post pictures later if you want [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hi Axle & mimi. [​IMG] mimi, what's the question about? Find a category in the index that your question would fit under, & ask away. [​IMG]

6. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Hi [​IMG]

Yea im finding my way round.
    im getting there slowly.

7. mimisgoose

May 1, 2011
    Thank's so much.....My question is I have six goose eggs in an incubator ( not by choice, but Mother goose passed away 24 days ago, and was in process of laying her eggs), and two days ago I heard one of the eggs making noises. The egg was actually moving; however, I have not heard anything since then. I am worried that the eggs are dead. I have no idea what I am doing, but feel I owe it to Mother goose to try and save her babies. I have had them in ther for 24 days. I have read all the posts on here and have done what was suggested in careing for them. This morning I wok up to an awful smell. One of the eggs smelled VERY bad and I removed it right away. That egg was not the egg that was moving and making the noise. Im just very confused. ANY help would be appreciated.

8. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Mail me [​IMG] Mini - have you candled the eggs ?

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Goose eggs take 28 -32 days. Relax & don't open your incubator too much, & they should give you the next generation to raise. Good luck with your hatch. Try posting this question under incubating, & you'll probably get ALOT of help.

10. mimisgoose

May 1, 2011
    Axel, was candling then until I heard the one making a noise then I stopped. I was scared to move them after that. They all seemed to be moving inside the shell so I was very hopeful. I wont give up for sure, Just wondering if its normal to hear them one day and not the next. I will post under hatching and try for help there . Do you think its ok to candle them this late in the game, and should I see movement in them still?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by