Hi- I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this little hen..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hunnybunny, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hunnybunny

hunnybunny In the Brooder

Feb 15, 2009
    NC
    I purchased this cute little bantam hen along with some OEs last summer. I know she's not an OE, but what is she? She is about the same size. Is she some type of breed, or a mix? I hope she is a breed that I can find a mate to, she is so pretty! She has a tiny bit of feathering on her legs, a little tuft on her head, a light gray body color that blends to almost black on her head. I've never seen anything like her, have you??
    [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Songster

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I am not sure what she is, but she is very pretty!! [​IMG]

3. hunnybunny

Feb 15, 2009
    NC
    Thanks, I think so too!

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    She looks similar to a blue OEGB. What a mystery!

One thing is for sure, she's absolutely beautiful and you are lucky to have her! [​IMG]

By the way, [​IMG]

5. hunnybunny

Feb 15, 2009
    NC
    Thanks for the welcome!

I think she probably is a OE cross with something, wish I knew what so I could make more like her. She is so tiny and I love her color. But there is so many breeds out there that I dont know, I thought I would check to see if she was a certain breed. Thanks everyone!

6. Wow!! What a beautiful Blue coloured mix!!! The Crest could suggest that she was mixed to a polish type Crested breed. But she surely looks banty...

Maybe a little Cochin in her due to the light feathering you had indecated.

But she could have been a OEGB with silkie mix... But this is just a suggestion/possiblities.

Have you asked the person you got them from?? He may have a definate answer for you.

Hey if you can get a pick of the person's flock then maybe it could shed some light on things.[​IMG] But non-the-less she is pretty!!

Dee

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    any feather on her legs?

8. hunnybunny

Feb 15, 2009
    NC
    Boy, I believe I have a Heinz 57 banty! [​IMG]
    I got these from a lady off of Craigslist, and she met me in town with them, so I have no way to find out what breeds she had.
    I'll just put her in with my blue OE rooster (that I got somewhere else) and maybe she'll be happy with him.

9. hunnybunny

Feb 15, 2009
    NC
    Re nzpouter: Maybe 2 tiny feathers on each leg...

10. Quote:Neat!! I hope their babies are pretty if you deside to hatch some eggs..

Dee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by